Enter our sustainable Easter Basket competition!
The Easter long weekend is nearly here! Are you going on any Easter egg hunts? If so, you are going to need an Easter basket to collect all your eggs!
As Waste Wise Kids, we should always try to reuse and recycle items rather than put them in the rubbish bin which could end up in landfill. So, we have an eggs-cellent idea! Let’s make an Easter basket out of things you can reuse and recycle!
How to enter
All you have to do is make an Easter Basket out of items you would normally put in the bin!!
Here are a few waste items you might consider using:
- Old cardboard boxes
- Plastic lids or bottles
- Egg boxes
- Old craft items like wool, jewels and beads
- Left over fabric
- Toilet and kitchen rolls
- Plastic cups
- Crisp / sweet packets
Items you might need to construct your basket
- Sticky tape
- Felt tip pens
- Scissors (ask a grown-up to help)
We are looking for the most creative repurposed waste Easter baskets!! Please make sure you have an adult present to help you with any cutting!
Here are some ideas to inspire you!
Cut up your recycled item into an Easter themed shape!
You can decorate your Easter basket with paint or crayons
Or have a look outside in the garden or at the park, you might even find some natural items to decorate your Easter basket!
There will be three winners – one from each age group: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, and 10-12 years. Winners will receive a set of two zero waste snack and sandwich bags and a pack of the world’s first plantable pencils. In addition, each entry will receive a Waste Wise Kids badge and a personalised Waste Wise Kids certificate.
Send us a picture
Ask a parent or guardian to help you to take a picture of your sustainable Easter Basket creation and here’s what to do next:
- Email the phototo email@example.com with the Subject: Easter Basket Competition (images to be sent as .JPEGs or .PNGs or PDF’s)
- Provide a list of the waste items you used
- Please provide your full name
- Please provide your age
- Please provide your addressso we can send you a personalised Waste Wise Kids certificate. All entrants will receive one of these
- We will notify all winners by email.
OK Waste Wise Kids… hop to it! We can’t wait to see your ideas!
Competition Terms & Conditions
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this Competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Waste Wise Kids reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- TIMING: The Competition will run from Thursday 6th April 2023 to Friday 14th April 2023. We reserve the right to alter the competition dates.
- ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be aged between 4 and 12 years. Children of Waste Wise Kids and Encore Environment employees will not be eligible to enter. All submissions must be Easter themed.
- ENTRY: A limit of ONE Competition entry is permissible per child. All completed entries should be sent through to Waste Wise Kids via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRIZES: The competition will have three winners. One from each age group: 4-6 years, 7-9 years, and 10-12 years. Winners will receive a set of two zero waste snack and sandwich bags and the world’s first plantable pencil as well as a Waste Wise Kids badge and a personalised Waste Wise Kids certificate.
- Waste Wise Kids reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at Waste Wise Kids and Encore Environment. The winners will be announced Week commencing Monday 17th April 2023.
- RESULTS: The results of the Competition are final. The only correspondence that will be entered into is to notify the winners they have won and to ask for confirmation of an address to send the prize to. We will email Waste Wise Kids certificates to all entrants.
- LOST ENTRIES: Waste Wise Kids will not take responsibility for any lost entries, and entries received after Thursday 14th April 2023 will not be permitted to enter the Competition.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: We will aim to contact winners by email by Monday 17th April 2023
- UNCLAIMED PRIZES: If a prize is, for whatever reason, unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by Waste Wise Kids to contact the winner, we will choose a runner up to receive the prize instead.
PUBLICITY: We may require the winners to participate in publicity on behalf of Waste Wise Kids. By entering this Competition, entrants agree that we may use their name and/or image for these purposes and that they will not be paid. It is a condition of entry that the winners’ name will be used for promotional purposes. This will only be in summary e.g. Emily (age x) from Northampton.